Odds and Ends
Moving Towards Essay One
- Fastwrite: Which response(s) do you plan to develop into your first essay? What do you plan to add to turn a brief response into a full essay? What parts of your response will you need to change or rework? What parts might you cut? Please email your comments to your GTA and me.
- Proto-Drafts: A document in Word or Pages, 100o words or more, with a title and references, proofread and edited. Due in class on Tues, 10/04.
Thinking About Sentences
- Carly F
- Connor C
- Travis R
- Chad B
- Daniel G
- Lauren M
- Savannah G
- Kit S
Serif and Sans Serif Fonts: Use serif for paragraphs, sans serif for titles and headers. [pdf]
Moment of Zen
Helvetica (2007), dir. Gary Hustig
- Tues, 10/04, class: Bring 3 print copies of a proto-draft of your first essay to class. We will work closely with them.
- Wed, 10/05, Thurs, 10/06, and/or Fri, 10/08: Bring a highlighted and annotated print copy of your first draft to your conferences with your GTA and me. This will count as p1.
- Tues, 10/11, class: Bring a print copy of the near-final version of your first essay to class. We will work on proofreading and editing it.